|President Derrick Dasenbrock||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty||phone|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Rachel Broughton|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||phone||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 6:26 p.m. by President Derrick Dasenbrock. The meeting did not have a quorum until after part of the agenda was covered.
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda with amendments of insurance bargaining and worksite meeting in Oakdale by Vice President Steve Kordosky. 2nd by Director Jason Hedeen. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the May 2019 meeting minutes. An amendment was made to correct spelling of the name of Gene Hicks. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes with amendment by Vice President Steve Kordosky. 2nd by Director Jason Hedeen. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
Treasurer Gene Hicks was absent. New codes on expense report now being used. Kari will send out an email with new expense report for everyone to use.
- Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
Golf event and annual meeting: All went well with 9 sponsors. Some golfers questioned why we moved the date up. Had a very nice day between rainy days.
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Jim Michaels gave a discussion on FLSA. FLSA defines a minimum. There are basically two things FLSA defines; Minimum wage and overtime. Nonexempt employees receives 1.5 for overtime salary. Exempt employees receive 1.0. Exempt employees are typically licensed employees and should receive some sort of benefit for overtime if negotiated. What are reasonable parameters? This isn’t black and white but Jim believes having an employee come in for 1 hour work after putting in several hours of OT is not reasonable. Said he would write a letter for MGEC giving his opinion.
- NASHTU – To be held in two weeks. Meeting will be held with attendees prior to leaving.
- Will send out a negotiations update and survey to membership.
- Web site – Nearly done
- Engineering Specialist Principal – Hay reviews have not gone well. State is very tight on requirements. MGEC can help any members who request help.
- Grad Meeting – Jason and Derrick will attend.
- Young Engineer Professionals (YEP) – Get them involved with what MGEC does.
- Elections – Need to fill Director Rachel Broughton’s position. Look into whoever had the most votes in last election.
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Meet and Confer in July. Dana will be absent.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
- Oakdale meeting – Asked how others have been handling meeting. OK to use state equipment to set up meetings.
- Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
- No report
- DNR: No report.
- PCA – No report.
- Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Past President Mohammad Dehdashti. Passed by voice vote at 7:02 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Secretary
Dana Wheeler Executive Director