|President Forrest Hasty||X–Skype||Director Corey Mathisen||X – Skype|
|Vice President Blake Nelson||X-Skype||Director Steven Oswald||X – Skype|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||X Skype||Director Alex Barley||X – Skype|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||X-Skype||Director Heather Gardner||X – Skype|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||X-Skype||Director Jason Hedeen||X – Skype|
|Director Bridget Miller||X Skype||Director Laura Lyons||X – Skype|
|Director Mike Kronzer||X-Skype||Executive Director Dana Wheeler||X – Skype|
|Director Victor Vasas||X-Skype||Robert Haag, Labor Relations||X – Skype|
|Kari Torkelson AA/ Membership Manager||X – Skype|
Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:33 p.m. by President Forrest Hasty.
Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda by Director Bridget Miller. 2nd by Director Steve Oswald. Motion approved by voice vote.
Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the April, 2020 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes with edits by Vice President Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote.
Reviewed 2020 annual meeting minutes. These meeting minutes will be approved at the next annual meeting (2021). Show that it was reviewed by the board in May 2020. Motion to move the annual meeting minutes on to annual meeting next year by Laura Lyons. 2nd Victor Vasas. Pass by voice vote.
Presidents Report – Forrest Hasty
- Annual Meeting – 197 attendees at one point. Many appreciated the accessibility of the meeting (Skype). Have the annual meeting during golf event, then have a second refresher a few days after via Skype.
- Dues – Implement now or July 1st. No strong opinion, wait until July. Motion to start July 8th 2020 dues increase by Laura Lyons, 2nd by Bridget Miller. Associate dues, $4.99. Keep at same dues. Motion to keep as is by Director Bridget Miller, 2nd by Director Blake Nelson. Pass by voice vote. Director Victor Vasas opposed.
- Nominating Committee – President establishes committee. Arranges candidates on ballot. Committee is Victor Vasas, Alex Bartley and Gene Hicks.
- Teller committee – Heather Gardner, Bridget Miller and Blake Nelson.
- Bargaining team – getting info from Cities and Counties. Do we prepare because this will take money and time?
- 2021 Negotiating committee- Dana, Blake, Bridget, Alex, Mike, Victor, Matt Rotterman D7, Mohammad Dehdashti. Laura will help with prep. Motion to approve the committee by Director Bridget Miller. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote. Send note out now on what members may want in next contract.
Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Meetings with tenants discussing returning to the building. Some seek mask in common areas. Easy to place a mask on. Tennant is cleaning the building. No cleaning company at this time.
- Grievance update – reviewed all grievances. Get back to Dana with questions.
- Back pay for 2019 increase – June 19th 2020 pay period.
- Back pay for Kari’s position. Apply the same rate increase, back to July 1, 2019. Motion to support for raise increase for Kari Torkelson. Motion by Past Pres Mohammad D. 2nd by Vice President Blake Nelson. Passed by voice vote. Accounted for in 2021 budget.
- Latest version of position descriptions. Reviewed director position description. Stipend discussion. Finance committee will discuss and determine stipends. Review and let Alex Bartley know of any recommended changes. Draft form for Kari’s position and Dana’s position.
Administrative Assistant/Membership Manager – Kari Torkelson
- Member 982 full members, 120 non-paying likely because of COVID. Send Jerry the list and he will send out to contacts. 1,150 total members. 16 graduates starting tomorrow.
- Next communication – will note about upcoming election. Let Kari know about anything you may want in the communication note. Open enrollment. PE license due.
- Place bullet points in notes with list of the last two months of topics that may still be relevant.
- No DNR or other reps. MGEC is seeking new representatives for unrepresented areas.
Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
- Board reviewed the monthly finance statement.
- Investments – $50k in investments in last few months.
- Finance committee will meet.
Vice Presidents Report – Blake Nelson
- Insurance – open enrollment.
Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Director Victor Vasa. 2nd by Director Alex Bartley. Passed by voice vote at 5:45 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director