|President Forrest Hasty||X–Skype||Director Corey Mathisen||X – Skype|
|Vice President Blake Nelson||X-Skype||Director Steven Oswald||X – Skype|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||X Skype||Director Alex Barley||X – Skype|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||X-Skype||Director Heather Gardner||X – Skype|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||X-Skype||Director Jason Hedeen||X – Skype|
|Director Bridget Miller||X Skype||Director Laura Lyons||X – Skype|
|Director Mike Kronzer||X-Skype||Executive Director Dana Wheeler||X – Skype|
|Director Victor Vasas||X-Skype||Robert Haag, Labor Relations|
|Kari Torkelson AA/ Membership Manager||X – Skype|
Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:43 p.m. by President Forrest Hasty.
Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda by Director Cory Mathisen. 2nd by Director Jason Hedeen. Motion approved by voice vote.
Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the May 26th, 2020 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes with edits by Director Bridget Miller. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote.
Presidents Report – Forrest Hasty
- DOT Meet and Confer – Pay equity for Grad 1 and Trainee’s. HR will submit for all grads on pay equity. “Reasonable agreement” used by HR. Anyone not a Grad 1 should send in a personal equity adjustment if they believe their pay is not comparable to others in same classification. Sent cost savings list MGEC created to help address the state deficit. They had no comments on this list.
Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Building update – Biggest concern, still getting water in basement utility room and in one tenant office. Need to stop the water running in. All units are paid rent in full.
- Grievance update – Do we need to file a grievance for back pay? Not at this time.
D3 grievances – Should MGEC go to arbitration over grievances in D3? No board members were against arbitration.
- Back to work discussions – Long process. Nobody from MnDOT general population will be returning early. Would probably be required to wear masks. PCA doesn’t expect the majority of the workforce to be back in the next year.
- Golf Event – Oak Marsh is holding events. Monday August 31 is currently in the planning stages. Kari will modify flyer for golf event. MGEC will have no costs.
- MGEC Membership Administrative Specialist – For Kari’s position. Reviewed by executive committee. All board members can review all position descriptions till next board meeting and get comments back to Forest.
Administrative Assistant/Membership Manager – Kari Torkelson
- Member 991 full members, 128 non-paying likely because signing up members is difficult because of
- Will send out email note for communications to all members. Looking for write ups on members.
Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
- No new report. June 30th end of fiscal year. Investment last fall holding good.
Vice Presidents Report – Blake Nelson
- Joint labor management – questions from MMB for COVID.
- Take health survey.
- Costs are down for dental coverage.
- Mangers meeting – New policy on health screenings to get back to work. Will work with unions. Phased retirements discussed.
Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Vice President Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Bridget Miller. Passed by voice vote at 6:35 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director