|President Derrick Dasenbrock||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty||phone|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Open|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:35 p.m. by President Derrick Dasenbrock.
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda by Vice President Steve Kordosky. 2nd by Director Blake Nelson. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the July 2019 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Vice President Steve Kordosky. Motion passed by voice vote. The board will wait until the next election to fill Director Rachel Broughton open position.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
Treasurer Gene Hicks stated an internal audit is set up. A past president and/or a past treasurer does this review. Gene has chosen Linda Heath and John Siekmeier to do the audit. Gene has also set up additional people who can sign for checks, the president and past president will now be allowed to sign on all Highway Federal Credit Union accounts. Two additional debit cards have been ordered so board members can more easily make purchases for MGEC. Gene has also set up Vanguard account and made a $20,000 investment into this account. The board reviewed the Treasurers report.
- Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
- New MGEC web site is up and running. Any comments or modifications can go to Kari.
- The board wants a list of non-paying members.
- A motion was made by Director Blake Nelson to remove dues from any member that leaves MGEC, if they return to MGEC, ask them to resign back up. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Letters to members being promoted and new hires.
- Medicare 101 and Retirement classes paid by the state will be posted soon.
- Ethics class will be offered by July 2020.
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Negotiations will begin in September. The board reviewed negotiations topics. Letters from MGEC members who have left State service will be requested. Dana could also send a request for data to the State. Any comments on negotiations can be sent to Derrick.
- Constitution – Working on getting this up to date.
- Nominations for next election – Encourage others to run for office.
- Training for worksite reps will be scheduled.
- Young Engineer Professionals (YEP) – new committee
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Building work – New drains have been installed
- Twin Cities Underwriters will take the front office.
- Currently two open offices.
- Association meets this fall. Anyone who wants to attend this event can participate.
- New projection screen for $100 will be purchased.
- Cover All Cleaners – Has been hired for $250 a month to clean once a week.
- MGEC BBQ planned for September 18th, 4 – 7 pm.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
- No report
- Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
- No report
- DNR: No report.
- PCA – No report.
- Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Past President Mohammad Dehdashti. 2nd by Vice President Steve Kordosky. Passed by voice vote at 7:15 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Secretary
Dana Wheeler Executive Director