|President Forrest Hasty||X – Skype||Director Corey Mathisen||X – Skype|
|Vice President Blake Nelson||X – Skype||Director Steven Oswald||X – Skype|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||X – Skype||Director Alex Barley||X – Skype|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||X – Skype||Director Heather Gardner||X – Skype|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||X – Skype||Director Jason Hedeen||X – Skype|
|Director Bridget Miller||X – Skype||Director Laura Lyons||X – Skype|
|Director Mike Kronzer||Executive Director Dana Wheeler||X – Skype|
|Director Victor Vasas||X – Skype||Robert Haag, Labor Relations||X – Skype|
|Kari Torkelson AA/ Membership Manager||X – Skype|
Call to order: The Skype meeting was called to order at 3:41 p.m. by President Forrest Hasty.
Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda with the survey and early retirement incentive added by Vice President Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Bridget Miller. Motion approved by voice vote.
Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the September 28th, 2020 meeting minutes. Changed Education Committee – MMB may sponsor PE classes for some departments. Clarified 100 hours paid. Other edits. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes by Vice President Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Alex Bartley. Motion passed by voice vote.
Presidents Report – Forrest Hasty
- Meeting for November and December – Move November to the 16th. Move December meeting to 14th. Send out meeting notices.
- Proposed election scheduled for 2021
June meeting – Establish nominating committee
July – send out notes for members to run
August 24th – board gets update.
Sept 17th send to members. Update list of members running.
Sept 24 – Nominations close
Sept 27 – Set ballots
October 15th – Ballot goes out to members
Election Ends– November 2nd, 2021 as MGEC (Election Day).
- Promotional – Forrest will be meeting with new grads.
- Negotiations – Gone through the first ten articles. How we treat laterals in promotions. Reallocation process was discussed. Education leave. Add protections.
Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Building update – Windows will be cleaned in November.
- Grievance update – class action on back pay. Arbitration or not? Dispute is when do grads get their pay (6 month) raises? What the state said, we had clear knowledge on back pay. We have spoken to our attorney and will continue to do so. We do want to continue going to arbitration.
District 3 grievances – In total 57 hours to be restored. Employer said employees have flexed time and will give each employee 1 hour. MGEC told MMB this is not acceptable. Employer did not explain their position but said it is not hour per hour. Will talk to our attorney.
Matching funds – Class action. MMB has made a list of employees to be reimbursed. They have excluded PCA. MGEC does not agree to this.
Early retirement – more updates to come.
Administrative Assistant/Membership Manager – Kari Torkelson
- 994 Full members; 127 represented non; 1162 total members
- 410 members have voted on election already. Send out a final note on Thursday.
- Justin Weinberg will do two classes for $900. (Ethics)
Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
- Reviewed spread sheet report. Investments made about $8K (13.2% on $60k)
- Invest another $10k before next meeting. Saving on no cost for board meetings.
Vice Presidents Report – Blake Nelson
- Insurance meeting. Open enrollment coming up. Next meeting November 17th.
- Employee assistance – Look on web site to help all with any issues.
Director Victor Vasas – Expense report, where is your home office.
Convert sick leave to vacation.
Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Director Victor Vasas. 2nd by Director Alex Bartley. Passed by voice vote at 6:03 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director