|President Forrest Hasty||X–Skype||Director Corey Mathisen||X-Skype|
|Vice President Blake Nelson||X-Skype||Director Steven Oswald|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||X Skype||Director Alex Barley||X – Skype|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||X-Skype||Director Heather Gardner||X – Skype|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||X-Skype||Director Jason Hedeen||X – Skype|
|Director Bridget Miller||X-Skype||Director Laura Lyons||X – Skype|
|Director Mike Kronzer||Executive Director Dana Wheeler||X – Skype|
|Director Victor Vasas||X-Skype||Robert Haag, Labor Relations||X – Skype|
|Kari Torkelson AA/ Membership Manager||X – Skype|
Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:41 p.m. by President Forrest Hasty.
Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda by Director Bridget Miller. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion approved by voice vote.
Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the August 24th, 2020 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Bridget Miller. Motion passed by voice vote.
Presidents Report – Forrest Hasty
- Set 2021 ballot
President – Forrest Hasty
Vice President – Cory Mathisen
Secretary – Alex Bartley
Director 1- Laura Lyons
Director 2 – Dan Sullivan
Director 3 Jason Radde
Director 4 Steven Oswald
Director 5 Mark Trogstad-Isaacson
Election Date – End on Election Day (November 3rd). Two weeks for the election.
With director Alex Bartley on the secretary ballet, if elected secretary, his director position will be open for one year. The board can fill that opening by appointment.
Education – PE class, still trying to offer something for class. One time $250 reimbursement discussed. Partner with MAPD. State will not pay for any PE classes. Can get paid by the employer up to 100 hours for students (tuition reimbursement) to attend a class on work time. Current class at 26 students. MDH and PCA have expressed interest in offering something.
Motion made by director Heather Garner to “Discontinue the current PE review class after this fall session. Effective November 1, 2020, one-time reimbursement of $250 for class if you have been a member for a year.” 2nd by director Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote.
Negotiations – Had lots of discussions. Reviewed discussions pertaining to articles 6 – 10.
Will make a proposal that Parental Leave can be utilized by hour rather than by day as some offices require. Next meeting in two weeks.
Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- TTAA – Going on since 2012. Do we want to do anything with the report? AFSME may not want to do anything with the report. Created to get the State to get the best price for projects. MnDOT is almost always lower cost. Will discuss at next meeting.
- Building update – MGEC will continue to provide mask and tenants have said they would share in the cost. No issues with room use. No water issues with wet basement in recent months. Reconsider if water problems show up again. May replace some hinges that are broken. Hand sanitizer at the door entries.
- Grievance update – Selected arbitrators for class action on back pay. Mediation was then proposed. Have not heard back yet from MMB. Hopefully in October.
Deferred comp –still waiting on MMB.
Grievance at Maplewood Lab – nothing new, Human Rights waiting for MnDOT decision about appeal to mediation.
Administrative Assistant/Membership Manager – Kari Torkelson
- Golf event – Many players, 40 – 50 players. Went well.
- Motion – director Heather Gardner “to not follow MGEC policy XI. 4. and to close nominations today (ignore 45 day period). 2nd by Jason Hedeen. Motion passes by voice vote.
- Send something out on when voting is open. (October 16th, close on Election Day Nov. 3rd)
- Membership – 996 members, 128 nonpaying. Total 1163
- Trying to work on new members to sign up. Will present at next grad meeting.
- Member message – Send out election ballet by October 16th (15 days prior to election) List names of persons retiring each month because of teleworking no one hears who is retiring. How COVID is affecting labor concerns.
- Ethics – Lots of good compliments on last training. A couple members asking when next class is.
Motion – “to do one or two courses for $900 within the next year” by director Laure Lyons, 2nd director Alex Barley. Motion passes by voice vote.
Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
- Wants Jason to run. Jason open to Board appointment.
Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
- Income looking good. Dues going up. Vanguard investment is gaining 7.6%.
- Start sending the monthly board financial as an Excel document.
Vice Presidents Report – Blake Nelson
- Get your points done for insurance.
Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Director Laura Lyons. 2nd by Director Alex Bartley. Passed by voice vote at 6:13 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director