MGEC will no longer be providing a PE exam review course. MGEC started offering the PE exam review class in the early 1990s; this long-standing tradition was successful for almost 30 years! This change is the result of upcoming retirements for some instructors and other instructors balancing many responsibilities (work, children, etc.). The exams have been transitioning to an online basis and it’s expected that all will be online within the next couple of years.
Instead, starting November 2020, MGEC is providing reimbursement for Full Members enrolled in an instructor-led review course (live or on-demand) for their Professional Engineer or Professional Land Surveyor exam. The maximum one-time reimbursement will be $250 per Full Member. Books, practice exams, online study materials, etc. are NOT eligible for reimbursement. The reimbursement is meant to assist you in replacing the course that MGEC previously provided. If you have a question about whether MGEC would reimburse you for a cost, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you. The following conditions must be met to be reimbursed for the review course you select:
- You must be a Full Member of MGEC and have been in good standing for at least one year. If you need information about signing up to be a Full Member, please go to https://www.mgec.org/membership/join-mgec/.
- Submit the completed MGEC Professional Licensure Review Course Reimbursement Form via email to email@example.com.
- Include a copy of your receipt showing the course and the amount you paid toward the course. MGEC will only provide funds on a reimbursement basis. Your reimbursement request should be submitted within 90 days of paying for your selected class.
Additional funds are available to members of MAPD (Minnesota Association for Professional Development). To learn more about MAPD or to join, please go to http://mapd.us
Additional Resources (by request):
PE Fall 2020 class videos: For anyone who is a Full MGEC member, we can provide free access to some of the instructor/class videos from Fall 2020. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for verification of your membership and access to the videos.
- Please note that these videos were recorded in the fall of 2020 as part of MGEC’s PE review course.
- The volunteer instructors have agreed to provide this information in an effort to assist MGEC members in preparation for the PE exam.
- The material presented was created at different times and may not be the most updated information available.
- MGEC encourages you to use these videos as a tool for your exam preparation but remember that these were volunteer instructors so the information could be outdated by the time you watch these videos.
- DO NOT contact the instructors directly as their contact information may have changed and they may not keep up to date with the most recent PE exam requirements, as they are no longer teaching these classes.
If you have any questions, please reach out to MGEC at email@example.com.