If you have not been receiving MGEC emails sent from our ConstantContact address, please see the following FAQ.
Question: I am not receiving MGEC e-mails, is there something wrong with my membership status or do I need to register on some list?
Answer: As long as you are a State Employee, and your Position Title is one of our 15 classifications within MGEC, you are automatically on the mailing list and should be receiving all newsletters and updates.
There are a couple exceptions:
- You are not a Full Member-only Full Members receive ballots for voting on MGEC issues (Board Member Elections, Tentative Agreements for contracts, etc).
- You are a recent new hire-If you have not received a Welcome to MGEC email and have been hired in the last couple of weeks, most likely we do not know you are MGEC eligible. There is a two to four-week lag from the State system to our system of getting updates of new hires, promotions, retirements, etc. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you membership information as well as get you on the mailing list.
IF YOU ARE NOT RECEIVING MGEC E-MAILS TO YOUR INBOX:
It is likely that they are going to your “Junk E-mail” folder.
MGEC uses ConstantContact which has superior functionality and security related features over our previous e-mail platform. However, we have found that the State’s e-mail appears to inconsistently block e-mails sent from this account.
If you find that you are receiving e-mails to your “Junk E-mail” folder, the solution appears to very simple and effective.
- Open your Junk E-mail folder by selecting it
- Find any one of the MGEC’s e-mails that were sent there and right click on it
- Select “Junk”,then “Never Block Sender’s Domain (@example.com)
That should fix all future issues regarding receiving MGEC e-mails from Constant Contact to your inbox.
Question: I LOOKED IN MY JUNK E-MAIL AND THERE ARE NO MGEC E-MAILS IN THERE!?!
Answer: It may have gone into the quarantine folders.
You may have received an email like this below.
“Office 365 has prevented the delivery of 1 new email to your inbox as of XX/XX/20XX 12:00:00 AM (UTC) because it identified these messages as spam. You can review these here and choose what happens to them. You can also get more information about quarantined messages by going to the Quarantine page in the Security and Compliance Center. You’ll need to provide your work or school account to log in.”
- Don’t delete it, as this is the MGEC email. You will need to Release and Allow Sender to get the email.
|“email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>||Minnesota Government Engineering Council’s Member Email||XX/XX/20XX 10:17:19 PM||85479||
If you have deleted the quarantine email or can’t find it at all, contact MGEC at MGEC@MGEC.org.