|President Derrick Dasenbrock||X – Skype||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty||X Skype|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner||X Skype|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Open|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:38 p.m. by President Derrick Dasenbrock.
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda with amendments of “additional updates” #3 under Presidents report by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Jason Hedeen. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Building –All offices are rented. Getting windows in 2 bottom floor offices. IT problems have been corrected with new fire wall. Cleaning service has started.
- Election update – The following will be slate of candidates:
President – Jeff Cremin
Treasurer – Gene Hicks
Director – Forrest Hasty
Director – Hafiz Munir
Director – Alexander Bartley
Director – Nancy Hanzlik
Candidates are paired and grouped according to several factors. Male/female, location, title and department are a few.
With the retirement of current Vice President Steve Kordosky, Jeff Cremin will become the president in 2020. (The 2020 ballot is closed so no others can be nominated for the 2020 election.) In January 2020, the board will then need to nominate a vice president to serve only the 2020 term. The 2021 slate will have both president and vice president on the ballot since a nominated vice president cannot become president. Additionally, in January 2020, the board will need to nominate a director to replace a vacant 1 year term opened by Director Rachel Broughton who resigned.
A motion was made by Director Forrest Hasty for the above election scenario. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motioned passed by voice vote.
- Grievance update – Went through a list of current grievances listed in the packet. One was deferred comp matching funds. A first step meeting has been requested.
- Open enrollment – Send a note out on the new points system. Additionally, clinics can change amounts. Members should be warned to double check their clinics and insurance to assure that they will not overpay for services.
- Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
- A drop in membership due to many retirement and resignations.
- Medicare 101 class to be held next Monday
- PE review class has been completed. Waiting on comments back on the class.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the September 2019 meeting minutes. Correction on #4 change July 2020 to as “soon as possible”. Change paid by State to no cost. Change ESP and SES’s to “improved salary”. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes with edits by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Laura Lyons. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
Treasurer Gene Hicks stated an internal audit is in the process. The board reviewed the Treasurers report.
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Negotiations – Some hope for improved language. Range adjustment remains a big question. The negotiating team will meet the State at 8:00 this upcoming Thursday.
Director Victor Vasas suggested that MGEC work on an appeal to retired and other past members to financially support MGEC through their Will or in other ways. A motion was made by Director Victor Vasas and 2nd by Mohammad Dehdashti to work on this. Motion passed by voice vote. Victor will be in charge of this process.
- Tiered fees – A graduated dues system was discussed. This would allow lower fees for lower paid members. Higher fees for higher paid members. More discussion on this subject is needed.
- Constitution update – All board members need to review the constitution document and get comments back to Dana, Kari and Derrick. The document will then need to be approved by electronic vote by members.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
- No report
- DNR: No report.
- PCA – No report.
- Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Past President Mohammad Dehdashti. 2nd by Director Laura Lyons. Passed by voice vote at 7:04 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director