|President Derrick Dasenbrock||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Rachel Broughton|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:37 p.m. by President Derrick Dasenbrock.
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda as is by Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher. 2nd by Director Blake Nelson. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the February 2019 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Jason Hedeen. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Special Meeting Minutes on Bargaining – On March 12th, a meeting with board members was held to discuss bargaining with the State. One comment was to add higher meal rates. A motion was called to approve the meeting minutes by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
The board reviewed the treasurer’s report. Line 41 “property Tax” needs to be filled in with an amount. The running total should have the accumulative total in this column. The board accepted the report subject to audit.
The finance committee will schedule a meeting in April. The committee members are Gene Hicks (chair), Mohammad Dehdashti, Laura Lyons and Victor Vasas.
An approval letter sent to Sue M. at MnDOT for members to get approval for the 2020 NASHTU conference should be sent. This way MGEC will have all approvals needed for the 2020 conference.
- Working topics –
- Technical Committee – Writing assignments need to be completed by April 1st. Most are already in. Pie chart for MGEC expenses was made. Divide staffing costs into areas of membership services for the pie chart. A separate chart for staffing was suggested.
- Promotional Committee – Google drive has a list that board members can review. Director Broughton will be setting up a meeting with Grad 1 and 2 members to discuss MGEC.
- Legislative Committee – The Minnesota Legislative session ends May 22nd. The committee needs to complete visits within this time frame.
- Communication/Social committee – Two Social events are planned. One for Metro and the other for Greater Minnesota. Approximately $400 approved for these events. Appreciation event also planned. Golf and annual meeting flyer going out soon. Web site will have calendar with all meetings and events on it.
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- President Dasenbrock and Vice President Kordosky met with MnDOT H.R. Jodi Matheson. They discussed reporting hours for exempt employees. There are different ways to record. One question was how to show total hours so managers can see when there is a need for more employees. Discussions will continue. Jodi wants ideas and comments sent to her. No deadline given.
- Constitution Committee – This committee met to pull out policy that needs editing. Language also cleaned up. They will meet one more time for final review and updates.
- MnDOT District 6 a small team of MGEC and the district will meet to improve practice on meal reimbursement.
- Bargaining Meeting March 12th – President Dasenbrock thanked all who attended this meeting to set vision and framework for the State negotiations coming this summer.
- Engineering Specialist Principal – MGEC should know what changes happened on the language on the job description for this position. Bob may have the original job description to compare with the latest MMB description.
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Building – two offices currently open. Some water seepage in the front of the building. Cleared roof of snow and adjusted gutter drainage.
- Coalition Insurance – Different tier structure proposal may shift costs between single coverage, dependent coverage and spouse coverage.
- There continue to be new investigations of members
- The last two bargaining dates changed from September to October.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
- DNR: No report.
- PCA – No report.
- Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher. 2nd by Treasurer Gene Hicks. Passed by voice vote at 6:44 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Secretary
Dana Wheeler Executive Director