|President Derrick Dasenbrock||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Rachel Broughton|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:40 p.m. by President Derrick Dasenbrock.
- Approval of Agenda: Add insurance bargaining to the agenda. A motion was made to accept the agenda with amendment as noted by Vice President Steve Kordosky 2nd by Director Forrest Hasty. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the March 2019 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes by Vice President Steve Kordosky. 2nd by Director Blake Nelson. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
The board reviewed the treasurer’s report. A new salary line item was created for the Administrative Assistant filled by Kari Torkelson. During the staffing transition, Dana occasionally has had to work additional hours; sometimes as much as 10 – 15 hours more per pay period.
The treasurer’s committee discussed investing a 20% portion of the current C.D’s into mutual fund(s) similar to the states retirement fund. A motion was made to consider to invest 20% in mutual funds by Treasurer Gene Hicks. 2nd by Victor Vasas. Pass by voice vote. Director Blake Nelson opposed.
The treasurers committee also discussed the board stipend. The stipend will now be automatic. If a board member misses more than 2 board meetings, they will not get the $75/$150 stipend.
Motion was made based on #3 of the handout. #3 reads” Since everyone on the board is on a board work committee that meets and does work outside of regular board meetings:
- Stipends should be paid to all board members every month for 12 months
- If a board meeting is moved or canceled in a month, board members still receive a stipend
- An exception might be if a board member stops participating and stops attending meetings, the stipend can be denied.
For those claiming lost time, we should now be identifying the area that the lost time was used for. This will track where lost time is used.
A motion was made to tentatively approve the budget by Treasurer Gene Hicks. 2nd by Vice president Steve Kordosky. Blake opposed until he receives the hand out. Final budget needs to be approved at the annual meeting.
- Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
- Currently 4 sponsors for the gold tournament. WSB, Braun, SRF and HNTB.
- Annual meeting packet is being completed.
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Annual Meeting set for May 20th. May 13th board meeting has been scheduled. A separate note should go out for non-golfers for the annual meeting.
- D6 information request – Hope not to continue with this request. Making progress on receipts. Seems like a winnable argument.
- NASHTU – Participants will be Cory, Mohammad, Kari and Dana.
- Kari’s Title – With Karis widening work area to membership services, a process for a new title is in order.
- Constitution – Constitution committee will meet April 29th to draft a final constitution to be voted on by members.
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Building – two offices currently open. One tenant falling behind.
- Grievance update – Rash of investigations including a performance, C.O. and Maplewood lab.
- Board of license – Climate related language for P.E.s. MGEC does not support.
- Scholarships – Expand beyond Engineers. STEM a good idea.
- Motion was made to “change scholarship to STEM from engineering, including land surveying” by Director Rachel Broughton. 2nd by Mohammad Dehdashti. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Coalition Insurance – Meeting set for Friday April 19th.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
- DNR: No report.
- PCA – No report.
- Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher. 2nd by Treasurer Gene Hicks. Passed by voice vote at 6:44 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher, Secretary
Dana Wheeler, Executive Director