|President Derrick Dasenbrock||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty||phone|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Rachel Broughton|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||phone||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:52 p.m. by President Derrick Dasenbrock.
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda with amendments as noted by Vice President Steve Kordosky 2nd by Director Jason Hedeen. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the April 2019 meeting minutes. An amendment was made to clarify “budget item” for salary for Kari Torkelson. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes with amendment by Vice President Steve Kordosky. 2nd by Director Greg Cremin. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
The board reviewed the treasurer’s report. Treasurer Gene Hicks made suggestions on investment funds. He suggested $20,000 be invested into a Vanguard fund. A motion was made by Vice President Steve Kordosky to set up an on line Vanguard fund and invest $20,000 into this fund. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote. President Dasenbrock provided a list of functional service areas to use as a guide for tracking MGEC and board member lost time.
- Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
Golf event and annual meeting:
- Currently 9 sponsors for the golf tournament. Director Forrest Hasty commended for doing a good job reaching out to none members to inform them of MGEC services and sponsor opportunities.
- Annual meeting packet is complete.
Membership: Getting several new members
- PCA meeting
- D7 noon lunch
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- BBQ at MGEC
- Annual meeting
- NASHTU – Attendees will now be Mohammad, Kari, Derrick and Dana.
- Constitution committee (Steve, Blake, Derrick and Kari) – Completed a 4 hour meeting. Changes made and will make available to board and membership soon.
- Member Survey Development Team (Jeff, Derrick, Steve) – bargaining; will be meeting.
- Derrick will be contacting District reps to set up meetings with membership.
- Director Rachel Broughton has taken a position with Ramsey County and will resign her position as a MGEC Board Director in May of 2019.
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Two to three new grievance for six current grievances. Progress on grievances is slow due to the employer delaying meeting and interpreting the contract is ways not reflective of contract language. They are interpreting contract language with references to laws, policies or guidelines that were not agreed to. Consequently, three grievances have been sent to MMB with the next formal step being arbitration. We’ve had three new investigations recently.
- Building update – Losing one current tenant so we’ll have three open offices. A massage therapist visited today considering two offices.
- Director Dittberner has offered to resign from her position as board director, due to work conflicts, as soon as someone else is appointed to her position. Or she’ll remain in the position until her term ends at the end of 2019.
- Reviewed potential promotional items for board reaction.
- The MGEC Budget for FY2020 was revised and approved by the board to be included in the annual meeting materials. Staff compensation shall be attributed to functional service areas using a new time card format.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
Principal Engineering Specialist positions.
- Three more SES’s have been promoted into this class for a total of 5 current positions.
- Several have been rejected but SES’s should be encouraged to apply if they believe there positions support the PES.
- Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
- Lockout – Both political sides grounded and not currently negotiating.
- MGEC will cover health insurance for a month for full members who have 3 years or less and would not receive insurance should the state lock oy employees.
- E-mail members on this event Jason, Steve, Dana and Kari will write this letter (email).
- Scholarship – Discussed applicants. No applicants for the Mentor scholarship so board suggested combining the two for a total of $2000 in awards.
- Director Nelson made a motion was made to have $2000 combined scholarships by Blake Nelson 2nd by Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher. Motion passed by voice vote. The Golden Slide Rule award will go to Alan Rindels.
- DNR: No report.
- PCA – No report.
- Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Vice President Steve Kordosky. 2nd by Past President Mohammad Dehdashti. Passed by voice vote at 6:44 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Secretary
Dana Wheeler Executive Director