|President Jeff Cremin||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Forrest Hasty||Director Mohammad Dehdashti|
|Past Pres. Derrick Dasenbrock||Director Alex Barley|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Heather Gardner|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Bridget Miller||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:35 p.m. by President Jeff Cremin.
Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda with amendments of “retirement update” and “young engineer professional” by Past President Derrick Dasenbrock. 2nd by Director Blake Nelson. Motion approved by voice vote.
Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
- The board reviewed the December 16th, 2019 meeting minutes. Amendment made on the minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes with amendment by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Past President Derrick Dasenbrock. Motion passed by voice vote.
Presidents Report – Jeff Cremin
- Introductions – New board members were introduced.
- Director Heather Gardner – MnDOT
- Director Bridget Miller – MnDOT
- Director Alex Barley – D of H
- Open Positions – In December of 2019 Vice President Steve Kordosky, resigned. Since the nomination deadline had already passed in 2019, Jeff Cremin was listed on the ballot for the President position. With his taking that office in January 2020, that left the vice president position vacant. Mohammad Dehdashti, Forrest Hasty and Blake Nelson all placed their names in for the one year vice president vacancy. The board held a vote to appoint a Vice President. Forrest Hasty was elected by the board as Vice President. There was also a one year vacancy for a Director position (Rachel Broughton). Mohammad Dehdashti was elected by the board for this position. Director Blake Nelson will remain in his Director position for the 2020 year. A motion was made by Director Blake Nelson to accept the results of the board election for Vice President Forrest Hasty and Director Mohammad Dehdashti. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote.
- MGEC Organization Meeting Schedule – Board meetings will continue on the fourth Monday of the months, starting at 3:30. Board members were asked to volunteer their services for many of the jobs to be done in 2020 (communication, research, committees, worksite meetings, instruction are some examples). Staff were asked to update their calendars for 2020 indicating appropriate activity on the MGEC Google Calendar. The web site should have a section added to have board access to working documents. Past President Derrick Dasenbrock would like to continue efforts working with a staff review of MGEC staffing process, performance and needs. Director Heather Gardner will provide quarterly highlights that could be a “newsletter/update” sent to members.
Past Presidents report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Negotiations update. Some of the highlights of the current Tentative Agreement (TA) are:
- Pattern was offered pattern across the board: 2 ¼ July 1, 2019 and 2 ½ July 1, 2020 percent raises.
- Around $1,000 “supervisor differential” for Engineer Administrative, Engineer Principal, Land Surveyor Administrative and Land Surveyor Principal job classifications, and other licensed engineers and land surveyors who are designated as the supervisor of two or more full-time employees
- Grad 1 and Grad 2 progression increases every 6 month and added steps
- Squaring the grid for ranges 1, 4, and 9
- The board then discussed the pros and cons of the current TA. A number of motions were made and then retracted.
- A motion was made by Director Bridget Miller to send back to mediation and reconsider the offer made by MMB. 2nd by Victor Vasas. The motion failed 5 (yes) 8 (no)
- A motion was made to send TA to membership without a recommendation by Director Bridget Miller. 2nd by Director Mohammad Dehdashti. Further discussion on what happens when the board sends out a TA and does not give a recommendation. The motion failed 5 (yes) 8 (no)
- A third motion was made to give a recommendation to accept the TA by Vice President Forrest Hasty. 2nd by Director Jason Hedeen. Amended motion was accepted by voice vote 8(yes) – 5(no). The TA will be sent with pros and cons of the agreement.
Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Out of time
Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
- Out of time
Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
- Out of time
Vice Presidents Report – Forrest Hasty
- Out of time
Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn. 2nd by Past President Derrick Dasenbrock. Passed by voice vote at 7:45 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director