|President Derrick Dasenbrock||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner||X Skype|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Open|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||X – Skype||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:36 p.m. by President Derrick Dasenbrock.
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda with amendments of “past presidents report” by Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher. 2nd by Director Forrest Hasty. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the October 28th, 2019 meeting minutes. Correction on Election Update, remove “vice” from Jeff Cremin. Remove note 9, no letter sent. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes with edits by Director Laura Lyons. 2nd by Director Forrest Hasty. Motion passed by voice vote. Vice President Steve Kordosky abstained.
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Derrick appointed a Teller Committee of Laura Lyons, Blake Nelson and Cory Mathisen selected. This committee will review election results and report back to the board.
- A motion was made to approve the selection of the Tellers Committee by Vice President Steve Kordosky. 2nd by Past President Mohammad Dehdashti. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Tellers committee reviewed the election results. One question was there any other election process requested? The answer was no. Tellers committee recommends approval to the board for the election results. A motion was made to accept the Tellers committee recommendation to accept the election results by Vice President Steve Kordosky. 2nd by Mohammad Dehdashti. Motion passed by voice vote.
- At a prior meeting, the ballot was set to elect a president due to the resignation from state employment of current Vice President Steve Kordosky.
- The results of the election are as follows:
- 2020 President – Jeff Cremin
- Treasurer – Gene Hicks
- Director – Heather Garner
- Director – Victor Vasas
- Director – Alexander Bartley
- Director – Bridget Miller
- With Jeff being elected to the President position (effective 1/1/2020), that will leave the vice president position open in 2020.
- A motion was made to allow Vice President Steve Kordosky to continue with the board meetings as Vice President until the end of 2019 by Director Forrest Hasty. 2nd by Director Laura Lyons. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Contract update – December 19th 2019 will be the next mediation negotiations meeting. MMB has called MGEC current wages as “comparably paid” if they are within 10% of the salary survey average. MGEC Negotiations Committee members are collecting additional information on wages paid by surrounding public sector employers.
- A motion was made to “authorize the agreement for insurance” with a sunset by the end of the year by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Forrest hasty. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Contact with state legislators should continue as board activity in 2020.
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Building is 100% rented
- New windows installed in bottom two offices.
- Taxes are down $500 for next tax season.
- Cleaners are only in the building for very short time. Dana is reviewing their work.
- Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
- Membership is holding steady.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
- Treasurer Gene Hicks stated an internal audit is still in the process. They have reviewed several months expenses. They suggest looking at MGEC staffing levels wondering if we’re understaffed.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
- No report
- Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
- Reviewed Minneapolis and St Paul’s insurance. Getting it ready for the negotiations team to review. Kari will take responsibility of the form.
- Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Past President Mohammad Dehdashti. Passed by voice vote at 7:21 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director