|President Derrick Dasenbrock||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Open|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Director (2020) Bridget Miller||Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:35 p.m. by President Derrick Dasenbrock.
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda with amendments of “definition of letter of expectation and letter of reprimand” by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Gene Hicks. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the November 25th, 2019 meeting minutes. Changes made on the minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes with edits by Director Victor Vasas. 2nd by Director Blake Nelson. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Welcomed new Director Bridget Miller, introductions by everyone present.
- Group activity – Be mindful of comments and have respect.
- Web site up to date but still room for improvement. Place month view on web site.
- Still looking for PE class review instructors.
- Discuss ethics class training at next Meet and Confer with MnDOT.
- A note should go out on informing members to sign up for Deferred comp match
- Send out note on scholarships and awards.
- All board members were then given a chance to discuss and summarize 2019. What were the best/bad things of the past year in relationship with MGEC? Some of these items were grievance’s need to go faster, letter of expectations, utilize committees more, representatives meeting new members, board members need to work more than just board meeting, clear process for making decisions, modify grievance process, going for pay equity, mutual fund, tech such as web site and Skype meeting capabilities, rules and responsibilities better clarified, hiring Kari full time, spend money on lawyer and legal advice, use action items.
- 2020 President Jeff Cremin discussed working on 2020 priorities. Increase communications, detailed communication to full membership and supporting members. Smaller amount of info out to non-paying members. Two committees: one communication/ wed/technical and the other member engagement. He also wants the agenda made by Thursday before the monthly board meeting so the board can review prior to the meeting. Executive board committee will meet as needed rather than monthly.
- President Dasenbrock thanked the board for their support over the 2019 year.
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Building is losing one tenant.
- Letter of expectation – Is not discipline, not usually grievable, should outline corrective measures and provide a timeline for resolution in 1 year or less.
- Letter of reprimand – Discipline, goes in personal file unless there is an active grievance.
- Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
- Membership is down a bit due to retirements.
- Reviewed the salary analysis charts for upcoming mediation.
- Need to update the chart showing benefits associated with MGEC membership types (members benefits vary between drafts).
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
- Board reviewed the treasurer’s report. Vanguard investment has good return. Add additional investment of $20,000 first quarter 2020. No questions.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
- No report
- Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
- No report
- Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Jason Hedeen. Passed by voice vote at 7:10 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director