|President Forrest Hasty||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Blake Nelson||Director Mohammad Dehdashti|
|Past Pres. Derrick Dasenbrock||X Skype||Director Alex Barley|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Heather Gardner|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Bridget Miller||X skype||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Open||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations||X skype|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:10 p.m. by Vice President Forrest Hasty.
Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda with addition of “Stipend” at the end of the agenda under Treasurer Report, by Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion approved by voice vote.
Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the January 27, 2020 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Heather Gardner. Motion passed by voice vote.
With the resignation of MGEC President Jeff Cremin, a vacancy of the President now exists. The board discussed how to replace the President. One way would be to have a special election by the membership. The other way would be to have the board appoint a replacement. The board decided to appoint the replacement. Under normal conditions, the Vice President would have ascended to the presidency but since the current Vice President was himself appointed, rather than elected, this action cannot happen. Three candidates placed their name in for consideration: Forrest Hasty, current Vice President, Mohammad Dehdashti current Director and Victor Vasas current Director. Each gave the board a summarization of why they believe they should be President. The board then voted and appointed Forrest Hasty as President. This position is a 1-year term.
With the new presidency, this made the vice presidency open. The board again decided they would appoint the Vice President. Current directors Blake Nelson and Bridget Miller placed their names for consideration. Each gave a summarization. The board then voted to appoint Blake Nelson as Vice President. This position is a 1-year term.
With the nomination of Blake Nelson as Vice President, this left a director position open. The board will look into filling this position at the next board meeting. This position is a 1-year term, ending 12/31/2020.
Presidents Report – Forrest Hasty
- Tentative Agreement – There are several items on the TA that are not clear. They include items such as laterals, sick leave, promotion, Range 9 top step placement and the employer’s intentions senior Grad 2’s getting paid less than new grads. Executive Director Dana Wheeler has sought communication with the state’s negotiator. The next step will be to seek assistance of the mediator to facilitate a discussion with the state. There could be consideration for withdrawing a vote to accept the current TA. The board will wait to send out a note on the TA until all things are clarified.
- MnIT – Notes and notices from MGEC have been having difficulty reaching all members. Many have been going to the “trash, quarantine or spam” files on some member’s computers. Director Heather Gardner will send a note to MnIT and see if she can get a widespread notice to make sure MGEC notes make their destination. Kari can also notice when a member does not receive a note and e-mails them from her MGEC e-mail to make them aware communication was sent and advise them on how to retrieve it.
- One pager – President Forrest Hasty and Laura Lyons presented a one pager that would go out to membership explaining the pros and cons of the tentative agreement. More work was needed to balance the list of pros and cons was needed. Director Victor Vasas, Director Laura Lyons and President Hasty will continue to work on the one pager.
- Skype Meeting – A meeting via Skype will be set up with members to help explain the TA. Past President Dereck Dasenbrock, President Forrest Hasty, Executive Director Dana Wheeler and Admin Assistant/Membership Manager Kari Torkelson will be in attendance. Up to 10,000 people can attend a skype meeting so there are no issues with attendance. Such meetings will be offered after clarification of some of the state’s proposals.
- NASHTU – Any board members wanting to go to NASHTU should talk to President Forrest Hasty. A group will likely go.
- Personal E-mails – Personal e-mails should be used for communication with other board members. Work e-mails should only be used on widespread MGEC notes to members.
- Communication to members – Who has the authority to approve communication with the membership. The board was in favor of Executive Director Dana Wheeler making decision pertaining to communication between board meetings.
- Position Descriptions – Director Alex Barley will write up a position description for the Director positions. All executive officers are also asked to write up a position description explaining what they do for the board.
- Heather Committee – Director Heather Gardner needs to appoint someone for a work-related reports describing an aspect of the work MGEC members do or MGEC does.
- Committees – President Forrest Hasty will reset all committees.
Past Presidents report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Out of time
Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Out of time
Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
- Out of time
Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
- Out of time
Vice Presidents Report –
- Out of time
Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher. 2nd by Director Corey Mathisen. Passed by voice vote at 7:26 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director