|President Forrest Hasty||X – Skype||Director Corey Mathisen||X – Skype|
|Vice President Blake Nelson||Director Mohammad Dehdashti||X – Skype|
|Past Pres. Derrick Dasenbrock||X Skype||Director Alex Barley||X – Skype|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Heather Gardner||X – Skype|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||X-Skype||Director Jason Hedeen||X – Skype|
|Director Bridget Miller||X Skype||Director Laura Lyons||X – Skype|
|Director Open||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||X -Skype||Robert Haag, Labor Relations|
|Kari Torkelson AA/ Membership Manager||X – Skype|
Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:41 p.m. by President Forrest Hasty.
Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda by Director Jason Hedeen. 2nd by Director Heather Gardner. Motion approved by voice vote.
Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the February, 2020 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes as edited by Vice President Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Laura Lyons. Motion passed by voice vote.
Presidents Report – Forrest Hasty
Tellers Committee Report – A report was given on the vote for the tentative agreement by Heather Gardner. 725 members of MGEC placed votes with 88.5% approving the TA. Skype meetings on the TA to membership went well. The TA should go into a legislative bill and hopefully will pass in the May/June time frame. A motion was made to send a message to the membership on the results of the vote by Past President Derrick Dasenbrock and 2nd by Director Bridget Miller. Motion passed by voice vote.
Director Vacancy – With the vacancy left by Blake Nelson to fill the vice president position, a vacancy for a director now exists. There are 7 candidates who have mentioned interest or ran in the last election. A motion was made to collect information on each candidate by Director Alex Barley. 2nd by Past President Derrick Dasenbrock. Director Alex Barley will collect information and forward on to Kari. A Skype meeting will be set up by President Forrest Hasty to discuss position.
Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Meeting dates will continue on the 4th Monday of each month unless rescheduled. Next meeting will be Monday April 27th, 3:30 to 6:30.
- Grievance update – Progress has been made on the deferred comp match grievance. This pertains to members who did not get matching funds in the past.
- Building – The building is currently full. Discussion on Covid -19 and current rentals. This discussion will take place in two weeks.
- Annual Meeting/Golf Event – The board decided that with the current COVID-19 conditions, the golf event will be postponed until a later date. Dana will look into rescheduling. The Annual meeting will still take place on May 18th. Skype will be available. A motion was made to keep the annual meeting on May 18th by Director Jason Hedeen. 2nd by director Mohammad Dehdashti. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Committee – Chairs will work with committee on goals and how often the committee meets. Chairs are in charge of each committee and responsible for scheduling meetings. Get board position description to President Forrest Hasty.
Administrative Assistant/Membership Manager – Kari Torkelson
- MGEC currently has 995 full members.
- Medicare 101 has been postponed due to Corvid-19.
- PE exam class canceled. Can take class again in fall 2020 or spring 2021.
- Constant contact – notes from MGEC going to “Junk Mail” to membership cannot be helped by MNIT. Membership must be told to remove MGEC notes from the junk mail box.
Past Presidents report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Deferred comp match note should be sent out. Dana will send a note out.
- Grad Engineers – Should be paid for travel will going to greater Minnesota MnDOT districts
- Leave of absence – accepted a position with the FHWA and will be taking a leave of absence form MnDOT and MGEC. Leaving the Past Presidents position open, the board assigned Director Mohammad Dehdashti Past president. The board must now fill two Director positions on the board.
- Thanks for all your amazing work over the past few years Derrick!! Good luck with your new position with the FHWA.
Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
- Board reviewed the monthly finance statement. Mentioned additional stock market purchases since the market is currently low.
- Send Treasurer Gene Hicks or President Forest Hasty a note if you want to be on the finance committee.
Vice Presidents Report – Blake Nelson
Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Director Bridget Miller. 2nd by Past President Derrick Dasenbrock. Passed by voice vote at 6:29 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director