|President Forrest Hasty||X–Skype||Director Corey Mathisen||X – Skype|
|Vice President Blake Nelson||X-Skype||Director Steven Oswald||X – Skype|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||X Skype||Director Alex Barley||X – Skype|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||X-Skype||Director Heather Gardner||X – Skype|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||X-Skype||Director Jason Hedeen||X – Skype|
|Director Bridget Miller||X Skype||Director Laura Lyons||X – Skype|
|Director Mike Kronzer||X-Skype||Executive Director Dana Wheeler||X – Skype|
|Director Victor Vasas||X-Skype||Robert Haag, Labor Relations||X – Skype|
|Kari Torkelson AA/ Membership Manager||X – Skype|
Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:34 p.m. by President Forrest Hasty.
Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda by Director Bridget Miller. 2nd by Director Heather Gardner. Motion approved by voice vote.
Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the March, 2020 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes as edited by Director Bridget Miller. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote.
Presidents Report – Forrest Hasty
• New Director Mike Kronzer – MnDOT CAV office Sr. Engineer working for MNDOT for 5.5 years. Project management. Like breweries.
• New Director Steve Oswald – SES in Duluth. Working for MnDOT for 2.5 years worked with Alaska DOT. Past union rep.
• Scholarship Award Winners – There were 9 Family Scholarship applicants. Family Scholarship award winners are: Hannah Sinclair and Victoria Johnson. There was one applicant for the Connie Mentor Scholarship. Alan Dale qualifies and was awarded the scholarship. Golden Slide Rule had one applicant and qualifies. Golden Slide rule winner Bernard Izevbekhai. Motion to award winners made by Heather Gardner, 2nd by Bridget Miller. Motion passed by voice vote
• Annual meeting – 4:00 to 5:00 pm on May 18th. Skype meeting.
• Committees – Come up with one page write up.
• Finance committee has been created by executive committee.
Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
• Regular May 25th meeting for legislative updates. Changed to sometime May. Notice will be sent.
• Building update – 3 -4 people using the building but not as much as in past. Discontinued cleaning service till after COVID 19. Dana and Kari are stopping in checking.
• Contract – Chief staff person told Dana the contract will be amended to include our contract. The bill should be on the way to house floor this week. 2nd hurdle could be senate in May.
• Board meeting – If anyone needs SKYPE equipment MGEC will provide. Let Dana know
• COVID-19 – Dana has been in meeting with MMB Tuesdays and Fridays. MnDOT also having meetings. Other agencies having meetings. MGEC wants participation in these meetings. If anyone attends these meetings, take notes for Executive Director Wheeler.
• Costs savings – Ideas on how to save funds for State. Get ideas to Executive Director Wheeler.
• April 22nd was administrative professional day. MGEC appreciates our Administrative Professional Torkelson’s position and her work. Positions descriptions in meeting packet.
• MGEC Weekly staff meetings – Call anytime, anyone can participate.
• MGEC started pushing for vacation cap waver and push back date. MMB promised a decision on waiver request.
• Grievance activity – Most have changed since last month. We have been waiting a long time on some cases. If MnDOT does not resolve, we will go above HR’s head.
• Long tradition – plaque for Past President Derrick Dasenbrock. Thanks Derrick
Administrative Assistant/Membership Manager – Kari Torkelson
• MGEC currently has 988 full members. Six retirements last month.
• Annual meeting materials is being worked on. Just budget materials and welcome material needed. Will be sent out prior to meeting.
• Communications – Has received info on COVID, renew license, MAPD. Scholarship and award winners (save for annual meeting and place after).
Past Presidents report – Derrick Dasenbrock
• Joined MGEC because he thought MGEC may have been whining. Thinks things have changed since he has started. Proud we have made progress in Rochester.
Learned from NASHTU. Hopefully contracts go through. New equipment at the MGEC office. New staff time sheets, renewed constitution. Powerful contacts in the capital and meeting with the legislators. Great group to be part of! All stay well!
Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
• Board reviewed the monthly finance statement.
• Send Treasurer Gene Hicks or President Forest Hasty a note if you want to be on the finance committee.
Vice Presidents Report – Blake Nelson
FY 2021 Budget – The board reviewed all documents. Finance committee will give in depth review.
Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Director Mohammad Dehdashti. 2nd by Vice President Blake Nelson. Passed by voice vote at 6:25 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Dana Wheeler
Secretary Executive Director