|President Derrick Dasenbrock||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty||phone|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Open|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:36 p.m. by President Derrick Dasenbrock.
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda by Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher. 2nd by Director Cindy Dittberner. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the June 2019 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Past President Mohammad Dehdashti. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
Treasurer Gene Hicks stated an internal audit is due. A past president and/or a past treasurer does this review. Gene will pick who will do this audit. Current budget only has one month since new fiscal year started in July. Gene will also set up additional people who can sign for checks. Two additional debit cards will also be ordered so board members can more easily make purchases for MGEC. Will also set up MGEC with an account with Vanguard to make investments approved in past meetings.
- Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
New MGEC web site is up and running. Any comments or modifications can go to Kari.
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Meet and Confer – Jodi Mathiason has retired and will be replaced by Liz Brady.
- MnDOT management gave a legislative update. No new taxes means no additional funding for roadways. Lights on but that’s about it.
- Currently 6 new Engineering Specialist Principals. 6 out of 10 have been approved. Others in review.
- District 6 Lunch expense update – Last time discussed seems to be more positive.
- NASHTU – Executive Director Dana Wheeler, Administrative Assistant Kari Torkelson, Past President Mohammad Dehdashti and President Derrick Dasenbrock attended. Conference went well and was productive. Met with many representatives and their staffers.
- The board reviewed the negotiations survey. The main idea of the survey was for the board to get an idea of what members may be willing to do in bargaining. Accept the pattern or go to arbitration (at a cost) for potentially more benefits and/or wages. Longevity was discussed as an option. Need to get engineering specialist wages on Mohamad’s pay comparison chart. Cindy will work on this and get back to Victor.
- Director Lyons will send out the survey, reformatted, along with wage comparisons.
- Negotiations committee will be:
Director Blake Nelson
Director Forest Hasty
Director Victor Vasas
Past President Mohammad Dehdashti
Vice president Steve Kordosky
President Derrick Dasenbrock
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Grievances have gone well with two grievances being resolved in favor of members.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
- Pick a replacement for Director Rachel Broughton at next meeting.
- Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
- No report
- DNR: No report.
- PCA – No report.
- Adjourn:A motion was made to adjourn by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Passed by voice vote at 7:05 pm
Jerry Kotzenmacher Secretary
Dana Wheeler Executive Director