|President Derrick Dasenbrock||Skype||Director Corey Mathisen|
|Vice President Steve Kordosky||Director Forrest Hasty||Skype|
|Past Pres. Mohammad Dehdashti||Director Cindy Dittberner|
|Secretary Jerry Kotzenmacher||Director Open|
|Treasurer Gene Hicks||Director Jason Hedeen|
|Director Jeff Cremin||Director Laura Lyons|
|Director Blake Nelson||Executive Director Dana Wheeler|
|Director Victor Vasas||Robert Haag, Labor Relations Consult|
|Kari Torkelson Admin Assistant|
Prior to the start of the board meeting, Beth Tomlinson, TKDA engineer, discussed legislation that would require CEU’s related to climate change. Trying to develop good designs that last as long as we need them. When engineers don’t have information relevant to their designs, climate science has not been included in basic engineering curriculum. Engineering professors say they are overwhelmed with all the things they currently cover for engineering education. Beth suggested Minnesota becomes one of the first states to require PDH’s for climate change. Minnesota became the first state to require Ethics training, now it is national.
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 3:55 p.m. by Vice President Steve Kordosky.
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made to accept the agenda by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Cindy Dittberner. Motion approved by voice vote.
- Executive Directors report – Dana Wheeler
- Building – Added new tenant today
- One office currently open
- Phone problems. May have lost a few voice mails. Everything now back to normal for phones.
- Association meeting this week. Anyone who wants to attend can go.
- Hired cleaners to cover 10-20 hours per month cleaning. Once per week. $250 per month for this service.
- Grievance update – Busier than usual. Reallocation to principal, then revoked. MnDOT D3 balanced hours, new grievance. Currently have eight grievances in the process.
- Nominations – low numbers of nomination candidate’s. Most positions have only one candidate. Will be sending out note to members on election and placing names on web site.
- Administrative Assistant – Kari Torkelson
- Current member counts: 1009 full members; 108 non-paying members; 44 associate members; 10 -20 will retire or resign.
- Rep. Training – Training was held last week. Good for new reps.
- PE review – four classes left for this year’s session.
- Medicare 101 and Retirement classes will be posted soon.
- Ethics class will be offered by July 2020.
- Secretary’s report – Jerry Kotzenmacher
The board reviewed the August 2019 meeting minutes. A motion was made to accept the meeting minutes by Director Blake Nelson. 2nd by Director Victor Vasas. Motion passed by voice vote.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gene Hicks
Treasurer Gene Hicks stated an internal audit is set up. Treasurer Hicks has chosen Linda Heath and John Siekmeier to do the audit. Vanguard account has been set up. $20,000 will be deposited into this account. The board reviewed the Treasurers report.
- Presidents Report – Derrick Dasenbrock
- Negotiations – finished first three days of bargaining. Moving toward some agreement on shift deferential for radio engineers. Hope to get more info on range adjustments. MGEC needs to formalize difficulty in hiring, getting all information into one hand out. Vice president Steve Kordosky plans on arguing that ESP should be one step below Principal and SES’s should be one step below Sr. Engineer. Many board members believe that the state is not following the law on wage comparison. President Dasenbrock does not believe we should yet have a mediator. Wants to hold off this option until everything has been explained face to face. Economic State budget forecast shows 4.4% and 4.4% for the next two years.
- Constitution – Will send out the latest version to the board. Many things moved in the constitution.
- Move election date back if there is a need.
- Vice Presidents Report – Steve Kordosky
- No report
- Past Presidents report – Mohammad Dehdashti
- No report
- DNR: No report.
- PCA – No report.
- Adjourn:A motion was made to adjourn by Director Victor Vasas. 2nd by Treasurer Gene Hicks. Passed by voice vote at 6:50 pm.
Jerry Kotzenmacher Secretary
Dana Wheeler Executive Director